Holistic improvement of buildings through Life-Cycle-Assessments
In DGNB certification projects a life-cycle-assessment (LCA) of the building is required. Beside the energy consumption and CO2-emissions several environmental impact categories (e. g. accidification, eutrophication) will be considered.
Several years of experience in conducting life-cycle-assessments, the required theoretical knowledge and the know how with the application of LCA software result in concrete advices in your project:
- to improve the environmental impact of the building in a holistic way,
- to use future-oriented technologies, products and processes,
- to achieve the best possible result in the DGNB criteria 1-5, 10 and 11.
In our life-cycle-asseessments we consider all environmental impacts along a life-cycle of 50 years. One differ between the impact of:
- the technical equipment (heating, cooling, ventilation, lighting) during the operation and
- the production, refurbishment and demolition/recycling of the the building materials.
The database we use for our LCAs is the Ökobau.dat of the Bundesministeriums für Verkehr, Bau und Stadtentwicklung (BMVBS).
Phone +49 711 62049-340