GBI – Green Building Inititative
The Green Building Initiative (GBI) is a nonprofit organization and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Accredited Standards Developer dedicated to improving building performance and reducing climate impacts. Founded in 2004, the organization is the global provider of the Green Globes® and federal Guiding Principles Compliance certification and assessment programs.
GBI’s primary objectives are to:
- Decrease carbon emissions
- Improve water efficiency
- Promote health and well-being
- Empower responsible consumption, production and purchasing
- Support the use and advancement of smart buildings and technology
- Provide quality education
- Foster respectful and inclusive communities
- Encourage collaborative reporting on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives and U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) toward collective action and achievement of positive, measurable impacts.